The wooden сhurch of the Holy Image Not Made by Hands in the village of Bakur. Built between 1867 and 1875. Nowadays it is not active, it is used as a club. Photos.
The wooden church of the Presentation of the Lord in the village of Gam. It was founded and built in 1887-1900, consecrated in 1902. Closed in 1925. The building was used as a storage room. From 1962 to 2007, it housed a village club. From January 7, 2011, the church is open on church holidays. Photos.
The stone church of the Transfiguration of the Lord in Izhma. It was built between 1806 and 1828. It is the only temple in the Komi Republic with an almost completely preserved multi-tiered iconostasis from the first third of the 19th century. At the beginning of 1937, the Transfiguration church was closed and transferred to the warehouse of the Izhma general store. Currently is not active. Photos.
The wooden church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Izhma. Built in 2009 on the site of the lost church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which was part of the temple complex of the churches of the Transfiguration of the Savior and the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The old church building existed from 1862 to 1994 and was destructed by a fire. Photos.
The wooden church of the Resurrection of Christ in the village of Krasnobor village. Built between 1878 and 1880. Active. Photos.
The wooden church of Three Saints in the village of Lasta. Built between 1867 and 1869. Closed in 1936. During the Great Patriotic War, the building was used as a warehouse. Now it is used as a village club. Photos.
The wooden church of the Ascension of the Lord in the village of Mokhcha. Built between 1830 and 1838. In 1927 the church was closed. For a long time the building of the church was empty, and in the 1960s the building was equipped for a creamery, which existed for more than 40 years. This technology is associated with high humidity, that’s why the building has been badly damaged over the years. In 2006, the creamery ceased to exist, and for 4 years the building of the church was ownerless. Restoration work is currently underway. Photos.
The church of the cathedral of the Holy Mother in the village of Moshyuga. Built between 1875 and 1884. Neat the church the more remarkable preserved three-tiered wooden bell tower is located. Until recently, the bell tower was called the local “leaning tower of Pisa” for its well-noticeable roll. Subsequently, the bell tower was fortified. Photos.
The stone church of the Annunciation of the Holy Mother in the village of Sizyabsk. Built between 1843 and 1854 in classicism style. One of the most expressive churches in the Izhemsky district. Photos.
The wooden church of Kirik and Iulitta in the village of Shchelyayur. Built between 1890 and 1894. Active. Photos.
Vowed cross Skot perna in the village of Gam.
Historical and modern architecture:
The house of the millionaire peasant Popov (Izhma, Sovetskaya street, 17). Nowadays, a local history museum is located here.
The house of the merchant Noritsyn (Izhma, Sovetskaya street, 62). Now the building houses the Education Department.
The Voyvyv sikt complex by Zinaida Pavlovna Vokueva (Sizyabsk, Shkolnaya street, 53). The complex houses 3 museums (history and culture of the 20th century, hunting and fishing, pre-revolutionary life of the Izvatas), a guest house, and the most famous object of the complex – a real tent with live deer.
The house of reindeer herder P. I. Arteev (Mokhcha, Centralnaya street, 132). Now the building houses the Administration of the village of Mokhcha.
The house of F. S. Filippov (Moshyuga, 97). Built in 1790. One of the oldest known residential wooden houses in Russia. The only wooden building of the 18th century in the Komi Republic. Information about the house.
The Izhma mansions (found everywhere, especially in the villages of Izhma and Sizyabsk).
Easter swings (common everywhere in the places of Izvatas residence). According to tradition, the swing was erected by the unmarried guys on Easter’s eve, and they tried to put the swing before dawn – so that no one could see the very process of their erection. Information about the swing.
The house made of glass bottles (Izhma). In 1983, it was built by Yegor Arteev from 3750 bottles. The house has windows and a stove. The owner is currently using the bottle house as a barn.
The Galfed stones (the village of Maloye Galovo). Natural spherical stone formations lying on the banks of the Izhma river. You can read more about the Galfed stones and here и here.
Varvarin spring (Varuk rodnik) (the village of Vertep). Varuk spring is located one kilometer from the village of Vertep in the direction of Bolshoye Galovo on the right bank of the Izhma’s Shar tributary in 5 meters from the bank. Water flows from the slope of the Kuzma nyrd hill. The spring and clay from it are considered healing. Named after the girl Varvara, who found the spring.
Cedar forest (Shchelyayur). The only place in the district where cedars grow. This man-made planting occupies two tenths of a hectare.
Sebys. The ethno-fishing reserve is located in the part of the basin of the Sebys river, the Izhma’s tributary, where fishing and hunting are allowed for the local Izvatas. The reserve occupies 174.95 thousand hectares. UNESCO recognized the territory of the Sebys reserve as part of the preserved virgin forests of Europe. Valuable species of fish are found in the Sebys river and its tributaries – peled, whitefish, grayling, sculpin, inconnu, perch, pike, etc.
Niedz. Protected larch grove in the village of Moshyuga. It was near this grove that the first inhabitant of the village moored his boat.
Voyvyv sikt. Guest house, chum, ethnographic museum. Address: Sizyabsk, Bazui, 1. Tel .: +7 (82140) 96-3-94. E-mail: email@example.com. Information about the project.
The hotel Izhma. Address: Izhma, Khatanzeiskogo street, 66. Tel: +7 (82140) 94-247.
The hotel Diyur. Address: Diyur, Shkolnaya street, 9. Tel .: +7 (82140) 9-26-02.
The recreation center Konstantinovskaya. Address: Izhma, Semyashkina street, 29 a. Tel .: +7 (904) 864-99-82.
The tourist complex Izhemskiye cheryomushki. Address: Lasta, Cheryomushki street, 7.